Catando Inquietudes...

domingo, 13 de setembro de 2009

The world comes..... and goes!

Sometimes we pass through some situations that make us feel like s****. Sometimes our heart plays some jokes on us and we feel like dying. Sometimes tears are not enough to express our pain - and they will never be.

But some other times the life shows us that all those tears were waste, and for sure we will be laughing about them one day. Don’t you believe? You should. We have to learn that no matter how hurt we are, we cannot show those who hurt us that we are affected by them.

For example, last Saturday I went to downtown Minneapolis for dancing at a night club. For my surprise, a couple of friends were there. Of course I talked to them, and gave kisses and hugs. But we all knew that the situation wasn’t so good because of something that happened two weeks ago – but it doesn’t matter right now. Anyway, Lu was dancing in front of me when the couple came over, and he didn’t talk to them. They tried, but he acted like he hadn’t seen them. It was an awful situation, and I tried to talk to him and make him understand that he has to let things go. He didn’t, of course! I told him that when we let things go and act like normal, we get even. What a waste of time! I think the dog understands me better.

But life teaches us that everything has its time, and it doesn’t matter how long it takes, the things will happen. Like with me. For example, life put one person in my way once, and I got hurt by this person. I felt like a s**** because I liked her, I considered this person as a friend, I shared secrets and hopes, and when I wasn’t expecting, this person treated me just like nothing. No considerations at all. I cried a lot. But even though I was totally destroyed inside, every time that I saw her, I tried to show that I was feeling well, that I was happy, that I didn’t care at all – but I sure did care…..

The time passed, and I let the things go. I talked to that person. I told my side of the story and I heard the other side. I complained, but I accepted the decisions. I went over it. I let it go.

However, the world comes……………and goes! Oh yeah! That person was there again, and wanted to talk to me, to see me. It was my chance. I confess that I was a little bit afraid. Not of her, of course, but of myself. I thought I wouldn’t be strong enough and I would end up being convinced by the person. But I wouldn’t lose the opportunity. I saw the person. We talked like we were friends since childhood. I made my point. I knew what the person wanted. And the best part was that I found myself strong enough to say “No”! No more favors! I let the person know how stupid people can be when they play with someone else’s feelings.

I left that apartment laughing and thinking about the words, “I thought it couldn’t be real. I thought you were joking. I just couldn’t believe…… I wish I had believed in it.” See? For many nights I cried thinking about how stupid I was. Now I laugh about how stupid I was. But, specially, I laugh for being superior, for being even.

That night I drove my car and I just couldn’t stop thinking of what I’ve done – or what I haven’t!

That night I was pretty sure about what I want.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário