Catando Inquietudes...

quarta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2009

Half Birthday??



Oh, man! We cannot imagine how interesting are the simple things, but even more interesting are the crazy little things that each culture has in special. For example, when someone asks a Brazilian child how old she is, she will probably say that she is 5. But, Americans when asked the same question will answer “5 AND A HALF.” Why? I mean, WHY?? Does it really make any difference if you are 5 or 5 AND a half?

Whatever! This is the American culture, and I love to discover those little freaky things.

Well, you might be wondering why I am talking about this. In fact, today this crazy thing that usually annoys me just sounded so cute. I was heading to Downtown Minneapolis for my classes when I decided to stop by at my ex-host family’s house just to say “Hi”. So, I surprised them, which was nice! We had such a great time.

My ex-host mom was so happy to see me. We talked a lot! The kids… Awwwww the kids! They were so cute!!!! Ilana was so big, pretty, and looking totally independent inside that big bathtub. Daniel was soooooooooo delicious under all that soap! Hehehe I let them finish their baths, so I could have a hug and a kiss before leaving.

While I was waiting for them, their mother was telling me that yesterday Daniel surprised her when they were in the van. He asked if his birthday was on the next day (which is today), and she said that no, it was on March, and that on the next day (which is today) it would be his half birthday.

So, Daniel said, “How tomorrow is my half birthday, can I have a half birthday cake?”

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!! Cute!!!!! And so smart!!! I mean, he is just 4! Oops, sorry! 4 AND a HALF!!!! But anyway, it sounded so smart!!!!

Yeah…. I miss my baby-gato-gotoso-pirulito-lollipop-AND-criaturinha………….

And to make my heart even little, he turned to me and asked, “Ia, when are you coming to baby sit us again? I miss you!” WOW!!! I wasn’t expecting that!!! I almost cried. I love that boy soooooooooo much!!!! I miss him like crazy!!!!


So, HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY, MY BABY-GATO-GOTOSO-PIRULITO-LOLLIPOP-AND-CRIATURINHA!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário